Friday, February 4, 2011

FFwD - Basque Potato Tortilla


This recipe is very similar to the frittata we often have as a Sunday night supper.  In fact, about the only difference is the proportions of potato to egg....we like a little more egg and a little less potato.  This is a delicious and easy recipe that works for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I served it along side a beet salad with a lime dressing, but that's for another post!

  For dessert I played catch up again and made Marie Hélène's Apple Cake and Cinnamon Ice Cream.  This cake is a keeper!  One thing I would caution people on.....when using dark rum stick to one that's not too over powering.  I've tried Meyer's and all I can taste is rum but for this I used Bacardi's and its much smoother, complementing instead of dominating.  Check out everyone else's experiences at The French Friday website.   

11 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic....chunky potatoes and fluffy eggs! Mine was so skimpy...

    Good to be cooking French with you on Fridays!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola, Looks wonderful…great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eggs look so fluffy! And now I want to make apple cake again...

    You asked if I dressed the Swiss Chard with just lemon juice. I did - a couple of squeezes of fresh juice was all it needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was like frittata too. Delicious! I love that you are revisiting earlier FF desserts with new FF entrees. You have more energy than I do. Getting the one made and written up is as much as I can manage in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are as good as the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great "fat" - did you use a smaller skillet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM it looks great! Nice that you made the cake too! Both of these recipes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that apple cake. I made it 4 times in october. I would chop it to bits and mix it into my morning yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete