Monday, February 21, 2011

FFwD - Pancetta Green Beans

How could I have made these three weeks ago and still be late with my post?  My excuse?  I was out of town attending the baby shower for my first grandchild!  His name is Beckett and he will be here around May 22.  We're all a bit baby obsessed these days:)

When a recipe calls for pancetta I normally use bacon as until recently pancetta wasn't readily available in our grocery stores and when I could find it I didn't want to pay the price!  But for this recipe I used pancetta and I'm so glad I did. The sweet, smokey, salty taste was excellent with the crisp tender green beans. We loved this recipe and I'll make it again and again and again.

Be sure to visit the french friday site and check out everyone else's post.
french fridays with Dorie

6 comments:

  1. Your beans look lovely...YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the grandbaby! Your dish turned out great! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've added your blog to my Google Reader and look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first grandchild! How exciting and how fun the shower must have been. Your beans look so good and I like that you left the pancetta in larger pieces. It was my first time using pancetta and I was shocked at the price! :) But, it was SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new grandchild! I'm glad you enjoyed the beans, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beans...and congratulations on the upcoming birth of your grandson!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine how excited you must be about your grandchild :D Congrats and see u on Friday for our next FFwD challenge :)

    ReplyDelete