Friday, February 28, 2014

FFwD - Garbure From the Supermarket

Garubure From the Supermarket
This was good! Gary liked it and said its a keeper. Reading through the recipe is daunting but, really, once you cook the beans and chop the vegetables its pretty simple.  I used a ham bone that I had and it provided so much flavor that the sausage wasn't necessary. I plan to try this with a pork shoulder next time and see if the sausage adds more to the flavor.

I could find no duck confit. Since I was in Dallas I was hopeful, but unless I wanted to run all over town it wasn't happening. Central Market (my favorite grocery store) said they would have more in about a week. That wasn't any help to me though!
Tasty and I'm glad it makes lots!
We've had beautiful weather here in Oklahoma City but it ends tomorrow and we have snow and ice and 7 degree temps in our forecast. I know many of you are having much worse weather. I am SO ready for winter to end!!!

I'm making progress on my blog redesign. I hope to be up and running in a couple of weeks.

We are cooking our way through Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Table. Click the French Friday link to see what the other cooks thought.

Gratuitous pictures of my grandchildren to follow:)
My favorite little lunch partner having pizza his favorite meal. Forever ever he says:)
Our adorable little lady:)

15 comments:

  1. Looking delish! and I can't make up my mind - do I love the pictures of the grandchildren more than the soup plate and platter!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking delish! and I can't make up my mind - do I love the pictures of the grandchildren more than the soup plate and platter!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we're getting that same weather...ugh! So glad you both enjoyed this one...and that your new blog will be ready to launch soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's bugs all over your napkin! :) But your garbure looks delicious. I used a pork shoulder and Andouille sausage. The flavor was awesome. Your grandchildren are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your presentation, and the bee napkin! Cute! And speaking of cute, your grandchildren are adorable. I have been wanting a "new look", but hesitant to do so. Looking forward to your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you and Gary liked this one. I did too. I am also so tired of winter. Just too cold. Thanks for the peek at your grandbabies. They are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad this one was a winner for you…Bill also thought this was a keeper! He even ate it for four nights willingly! Your garbure looks luscious…and I also love your bee napkins! I love seeing the photos of your grandchildren…they are gorgeous! How lucky we are, Guyla!
    Can’t wait to see your new design…You’ll have to let me know how difficult the process is! I’m really ready! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was good, wasn't it. It got better as the days went by. Cute Kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I adore those two pictures. If I had my way I would have pizza and oatmeal raisin cookies forever ever! I couldn't find duck confit either so both of us have no idea what we did or didn't miss. Like yours, my garbure was mighty tasty. Although many Doristas have complained about this taking so much time, I didn't think that was the case. (Did they MAKE the Paris-Brest or not?) I look forward to seeing your blog redesign. Mine should be up soon also. A bit nervous. Are you? Glad you're enjoying those little ones so much. Little girls are fun, too. Just you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures of the cuties. I plan on using the ham bone next time, sounds really flavorful. Glad to hear it worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed the soup, we did too. Love the photos of the little ones, so very adorable. You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forever ever. Love it- and love the pictures of the grandbabes. Gorgeous. Yes, this recipe was a hit in our house which is great since it made so much. We were happy to have something warm and comforting (and yummy) to enjoy while watching MORE snow fall. Egad folks are really going to enjoy this Spring when it finally arrives. Great shot of the garbure too - yours is so beautifully colorful !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those babies are too sweet.
    Enough of winter already; the snow is one thing, but its the cold that is driving me nuts.
    Glad to hear this was Gary approved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gratuitous grandkid photos! :)

    I skipped this one, but seeing all of your beautiful versions is making me wish I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete