Sunday, March 24, 2013

FFwD - Ispahan Loaf Cake

Hello Blog World! I've been gone for a couple of weeks but I'm back...back to the blogosphere that is.

We've been to Memphis and Florida and now we're in Dallas. Babies, babies everywhere but that's a different post!

Epic Fail should be the title of this post. I found rose syrup and rose extract easily at an Eastern Food market, cheap too. What got me were the raspberries! $4.99 for 6 ounces! That was going to be $10.00 for berries! I could buy the same amount of raspberries frozen for $2.50!

I hear you judging me already! But I was hopeful that if I thawed them first and dried them on paper towels I could remove enough of the water to make it work.....I could not.

I AM going to make this again because the bits around the sides were really good:). I just haven't been home long enough to get it done and I forgot to bring the flavoring a with me.

And the sad part? I was supposed to bring this to a Sunday brunch!

Okay! Guess I accidentally deleted my photo. It showed a very brown loaf cake broken into four pieces with a liquid center oozing out!

How about a picture of my grandson instead. Happy French Friday on Sunday!

3 comments: